This course is for Healthcare Professionals who either provide direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.-- MD's, NP's, Physician Assistants, RN's , Paramedics, etc. with prior critical care experience and a working knowledge of EKG's and pharmacology.
Prequisite -- Providers who take the full ACLS Course must be proficient in the following :
* Performing High Quality BLS Skills through the use of the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
* Reading and interpreting electrocardiograms (ECG's)
* Understanding of ACLS drugs
* Bag-Valve-Mask Ventilations
* Complete ACLS Pre Course Self-Assessment and Checklist ECG rhythm identification, pharmacology, and
practical applications available on the ACLS Student website ( available on the ACLS student Website : www.heart.org/eccstudent ).
*All students must have a current text book ($40.00) and must complete the Preparatory exam if they do not have this completed they will not be allowed to complete the course.
This is a classroom based course where Healthcare Providers can enhance their skills in treating Adult Patients in Cardiac Arrest or other Cardiopulmonary Emergencies.
It is an Advanced Instructor led program that highlights the following:
- Importance of Team Dynamics and Communication;
- Algorithyms of Care and Post-Cardiac Arrest Care;
- Care of Acute Coronary syndromes;
- Stroke syndromes;
- Advanced Airway Management;
In this course you will be tested in group stations on skills and a Written Exam. Upon completion you will receive a American Heart Course Completion Card which is good for 2 year.
Classroom Hours - 10Hrs. - 2-days
Please note there will be a $35.00 processing fee plus the cost of the book ($40.00) which will be charged to your account for ALL cancellations 72hrs prior to class start date. If you drop the class within 48 hours of the course start date there will be no refund