The Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support Renewal course is designed for Pediatricians, house staff, emergency physicians, family physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare providers have already taken a PALS Provider Cpourse
To prepare for the course you must complete the following:
- Complete a BLS course or be able to perform High- Quality CPR and use an AED according to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
- Review the learning station competency checklists in the PALS Provider Manual.
- Understand the PALS algorithms and flowcharts for the case scenarios in the PALS Provider Manual.
- Complete the PALS Pre Course Self-Assessment Exam on PALS ECG rhythm identification, pharmacology, and practical applications ( available on the PALS student Website : heart.org/eccstudent).
*All students must have a current AHA PALS book and MUST complete the Pre Course Self-Assessment Exam prior to the date of the class. If this is not completed you will not be permitted to complete the course.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP card).
- All PALS participants are required to be proficient in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers skills (BLS-HCP). You will be asked to demonstrate those skills to successfully complete the PALS course.
- Practical knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias and ability to recognize arrhythmias.
- Cardiovascular pharmacology for children; mechanism of action, indications, dosage and precautions for emergency medications.
Please note: there will be a $35.00 processing fee plus the cost of the book $44.00 which will be charged to your account for ALL cancellations. If you drop the class within 72 hours of the course start date there will be no refund
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 4:00 PM (1 seat left)Maimonides EMS Training Center
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 4:00 PM (11 seats left)Maimonides EMS Training Center
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 6:00 PM (13 seats left)Maimonides EMS Training Center
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 6:00 PM (13 seats left)Maimonides EMS Training Center
- Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 10:00 AM (15 seats left)Maimonides EMS Training Center